POST RELEASE GIFTS EXPO. SPRING 2015
POST RELEASE. The results of the international specialized exhibition project “GIFTS EXPO. SPRING 2015” - “CHRISTMAS & FESTIVE DECORATIONS” - “HOUSEWARE EXPO” - “COSTUME JEWELLERY & ACCESSORIES” – “FASHION JEWELLERY”. Industry Trends.
The International Specialized Exhibition Project“GIFTS EXPO. SPRING 2015” - “CHRISTMAS & FESTIVE DECORATIONS” - “HOUSEWARE EXPO” - “COSTUME JEWELLERY & ACCESSORIES” – “FASHION JEWELLERY” has been successfully held in Moscow, in GOSTINY DVOR Exhibition Complex from 16 to 19 of March, 2015.
The exhibition has been organized under the patronage of the Moscow Government, under the support of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Gifts, Houseware and Costume Jewellery Manufacturers and Suppliers Association. More than 300 exhibitors, among them there were leading Russian and foreign companies from such countries as the Republic of South Africa, Great Britain, France, Germany, the Czech Republic, India, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, and also the collective exposition from Central Asia – Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. As usually the project has united leading manufacturers and suppliers, representatives of the industry, who take part in the exhibition or visit it in order to determine the market development trends.
According to the registration data this spring the exhibition project was visited by 20 920 trade visitors, among them there were 6 925 from regions, 172 from foreign countries and 13 823 from Moscow and Moscow region. There were buyers, distributors, representatives of wholesale purchasing companies, big trade networks, owners of malls, online stores, TV shops, advertising agencies and corporate customers, VIP and others.
Participants of the exhibition have received a lot of orders, met with their regular partners and found new customers who were 40% of the visitors.
The exhibition project “GIFTS EXPO. SPRING 2015” is presented by the following salons “GIFTS & INTERIOR DECORATION”, “BUSINESS GIFTS, SOUVENIRS, ELITE STATIONERY”.
Products presented at the exhibition, has become a reflection of the latest trends of the market of gifts:
• The main tendency of the season is aspiration to originality and creativity. A customer becomes more selective and exigent and prefers product innovations.
• According to the participants' opinion, the market industry is shifting prices towards cheaper. Customers choose more practical, quality products; requirements to the product design have increased.
• Products of classic style, which are combined with high-tech and art Deco elements, original, ethnic or stylized accessories, are still in demand. Vases, vessels, Arabic lampshades, Chinese lights and lamps, Indian accessories, Byzantine decor and others are again in trend.
• Natural motives and eco-materials. Textured wood, cork, stone, natural pebbles, flower arrangements, natural fabrics are widely used.
• Art Nouveau interior is mixed with antique vases, statues, mirrors, paintings, retro items, souvenir arms, decorative furniture.
• Participants of the exhibition note that the Russian consumer have begun to evince a taste for good, interesting, memorable, stylish, original and funny gifts and souvenirs.
Expensive business gifts and accessories play an important role. In Russia it is accepted to present expensive gifts to partners in order to win their favor.
• Embroidery, laser graphics, printing presents presented by regional manufacturing companies, not as before, mainly Chinese manufacturers. Despite the small selection, companies have achieved great results.
• High-tech business gifts such as USB hub, webcams, card-readers, USB flash and other devices have become very popular.
• The colour of 2015 is blue. It has positive energy and causes positive emotions.
• The trend of Christmas business gift is a symbol of the year - the sheep (goat).
• Another trend is thematic business gifts created for particular industries: safes for bankers, oil rigs for oilmen, torches for gas industry and others.
• Business handmade gifts are in fashion nowadays.
• The latest trend - inexpensive, but positive, "emotional" business gifts.
According to the leading companies' opinion of the “HOUSEWARE EXPO” , for domestic producers of tableware, the situation on the market is positive. Enterprises, which managed to change the equipment, successfully sell products on the domestic market and for export at a reduced price.
• Nowadays practical tableware which is used in microwave ovens has become popular.
• Colorless relief pattern is widely popular in the dishes decor in the form of air lace, made of the same material (porcelain on porcelain, glass on glass).
• A combination of dishes from two or three different sets in an independent set is in trend. The tableware of different colors, materials or textures is combined. The main element is the same classic shape of plates: round, oval, square.
• Eco-style is in trend. Tableware made of wood, bamboo, clay decorates kitchens.
• Neoclassic tableware is popular. Initials and family coats are brought into fashion and make the tableware like a family heirloom. The classic combination of ancient bronze, silver, gold in tableware charms.
At the spring exhibition “CHRISTMAS & FESTIVE DECORATIONS” leading experts in creating of new collections are guided by trends in the world of Christmas fashion.
• Blue and green are the main colors of 2015 (blue goat).
• There is a tendency to use flowers instead of traditional Christmas decorations. A decoration can be natural or artificial made of fabric, feathers, plastic and glass.
• A lot of specialists decorate Christmas trees with gentle pink tones in combination with white, milk and lavender accessories and toys. Decorated trees look nice, fresh and unusual.
• In 2015 classic red, gold colours of New Year's accessories are still in fashion as well as the color of frosty mint (frozenmint).
• The exhibitors have demonstrated not only New Year's main products but also actual for Spring season Easter's. Easter interior decor is popular: toys and interior items in the form of animals. Floristic design is widely used in interior: artificial and natural flowers, plants, bouquets, flower compositions, ikebana etc.
According to opinion of the leading exhibitors of the international specialized unique in Russia "COSTUME JEWELLERY AND ACCESSORIES" - “FASHION JEWELLERY” exhibition, the following tendencies are actual on the jewelry market:
• In spite of the ruble rate depreciation against Western currency, fashion on female and male jewelry dominates on the choice of consumers, jewelry market increased by 5% compared to previous years. High level of consumption is marked in the Central, Urals and Far Eastern Federal District.
• Tendency of reduce of domestic production of jewelry continue in 2015.
• In the medium term, the retail jewelry market in value terms will show positive development in 2015-2018. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is 8%.
• Growing interest on ethnic and glamour fashion.
• Transient fashion, as a result, rapid turnover of collections provides consumer demand and selling of jewelry.
• Increased role of inexpensive jewelry from France, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Australia, South Korea.
• Products of Russian enterprises are gaining a place in the market of jewelry.
• The demand for jewelry price range 100-500 rubles has grown: China, Afghanistan, Syria, Polish, Lithuanian, Tajik, Mongolian, Ukrainian, Nigerian and other.
• Trends of the summer and spring period - a very big jewelry. The main trends of the season - originality, brightness, extravagance. Stacked massive necklaces, big chains, pendants with ceramics and stones in the ethnic gypsy style, paired bracelets, leather accessories and fabrics.
• Floral motifs. Hit of the season - wreaths and tiaras, headbands, barrettes, hairpins.
• Rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets with pearls, turquoise, crystals etc.
At the exhibition wide assortment of featured jewelry, tableware, gifts of precious metals, decorated with precious stones was presented.
Find more information about the fairs – exhibitions list, exhibitor's comments, photo- and video reports and statistics on official web-sites www.gifts-expo.com and www.houseware-expo.com
See you at the next main exhibition project
“GIFTS EXPO. AUTUMN 2015” - “CHRISTMAS & FESTIVE DECORATIONS” -
“HOUSEWARE EXPO” - “COSTUME JEWELLERY & ACCESSORIES” –
September 22 – 25, 2015, GOSTINY DVOR Exhibition Complex, Moscow, Russia